Sisters Bible Study
We are using the study book Live Abundantly, by Lenya Heitzig and Penny Pierce Rose. They challenge us to dig deep into the book of Ephesians to find the spiritual treasure God has for each of us. Besides living in God’s will and receiving peace no matter the circumstances, the book of Ephesians reveals the magnitude of every Christian’s inheritance, a gift “exceedingly abundantly above” what you could ever ask for.
Each day’s lesson is structured in five parts: Lift up (prayer), Look at (God’s Word), Learn about (new insights), Live out (application), Listen to (quotes from other believers).
This book is part of the Fresh Life series which was created by women, for women—women who crave a profound experience of God’s Word without an overwhelming commitment of time. We hope that with each lesson, you come to a deeper understanding of the Biblical truths and develop a deeper intimacy with God as we study His Word together.
Please let Barb Metz know if you’ll be attending by clicking here so a book can be ordered.
More about Sisters:
- Our Mission: "To make disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ through in-depth Bible study, sharing, and prayer."
- About Us: We are a diverse group of women of all ages, backgrounds, and Bible knowledge. Our group consists of both OEPC members and non-members.
- Meeting Time: We meet weekly on Tuesday afternoons from 1 to 3 from September to May at the church. Our time together includes worship, devotions, prayer, small group sharing from our lesson, and a large group teaching time. Periodically we enjoy fellowship luncheons and outreach projects together.
- What We Study: A new study will begin the end of January. If you are interested in joining our group, please let the church office know.
Grace Girls Small Group
We meet every other week, usually on Wednesdays but our days change during Lent. We have started a new study called Breathe - Priscilla Shirer is the teacher.
One of the greatest challenges among women in our culture is taking time to stop and cease from all the activities and busyness and just breathe. By neglecting time for tranquility, serenity, and repose, we limit our Christlikeness and miss out on some of God's greatest gifts. It is time for us to breathe and build boundaries into our lives for God. If you are weary, worn out, and exhausted the concept of Sabbath will change your life. Contact Carol Pfister for more information.
Our group is called the "Grace Girls" because we are always growing and learning about God's grace. We have all ages and wonderful discussions! We meet every other Wednesday evening from 7 to 9 PM in the church Fellowship Hall. It has a group discussion section and a video. Our group is open to new members! Please join us!
Women's Association Circle Bible Studies
- Our Mission: “To meet in small groups for fellowship and Bible study, to support various Christian organizations, and to provide service to the church such as luncheons or receptions after funerals or memorial services.”
- About Us: Our membership is comprised of women who have retired or who are of retriement age.
- Meeting Time: There are currently three small groups, or “Circles”, that meet for Bible study and group projects:
- Rebecca Circle meets on the 4th Tuesday at 11:15 AM. Circle Leader, Lois Cox.
(Meets at the church)
- Hannah Circle meets on the 2nd Thursday at Noon. Circle Leader, Ginny Reynolds.
(Meets in homes)
- Priscilla Circle meets on the 3rd Tuesday at 7:30 PM. Circle Leader, Linda Schmierer.
(Meets in homes)
- What We Study: Each Circle picks its own Bible Study.