Calling All Current and Aspiring Elders and Deacons
OEPC will hold three leadership training events lead by Pastor Tim Ricci and Director of Lifetime Discipleship, Dr. Chris Fantuzzo. Each will be held on a Saturday from 9:00am until noon. Breakfast is provided.
This Event is Open to:
- All active elders and deacons
- The next class or those who will soon become active/ordained
- Anyone who is inactive presently but hopes to serve again one day
- Everyone on the nomination committee
- Everyone: Members and friends who have never served but would like to learn more or become an elder/deacon in the future.
Training Event Dates:
- Saturday, April 14 -- Ruling Elders and anyone who aspires to the office or wishes to learn what eldership is all about.
- Saturday, May 5 -- Deacons and anyone interested in what deacons do or who wish to become a deacon some day.
- Saturday, June 16 -- Elders and Deacons and will focus on joint responsibilities and basics of pastoral care. This session is also open to everyone.
Focus and Agenda
- Made for God’s Mission: the nature and role of a Reformed church
a) Christ the Head and Presbyterian Polity
b) The Tasks of Worship, Nurture, and Mission
c) The Roles of the General and the Special Office Bearers
d) Gifts and Qualifications for the Special Offices
i. The Office of Ruling Elder
ii. The Office of Deacon
2. The Missional Calling of Elders and Deacons
3. The Why and How of Pastoral Care and Visitation
There is no cost for attending. All materials will be provided by the session.
Session has approved these events as mandatory training for those who are presently active or will accept a nomination to one or the other office.
Questions or to RSVP? Contact Chris Fantuzzo at email@example.com.